Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Quick Boston Game 3 Preview

So I won't see the game live tonight (I know, I know, I'm a bad fan), some thoughts going in...

I could see the Flyers winning a low scoring game, but they're going to have to keep the Bruins to 2 goals or less I think.  That means playing better in the defensive zone, and stopping the Bruins from feasting on rebounds and deflections as they have been doing.  The Flyers quickly blew their 2-0 lead last game due to not protecting their slot and crease.  Hopefully, being on the road will lead to a more a more focused effort defensively from the Flyers.

Also sounds like Carter may play, but reports from practice today was that he didn't look ready at all.

 Tim Panaccio 
I don't see how carter can play. Looks stiff out there and he's not even 3/4 speed in drills

 Chuck Gormley 
Jeff Carter participates in morning skate, Pronger does not. No way Carter is close to 100 percent. Should sit out tonight and play Game 4

Probably limited minutes, but I guess Shelley and Rinaldo have only been playing 3 minutes or so on the 4th line anyway.

Laviolette was right--the pressure is off the Flyers now.  Still, if the Flyers lose tonight, all but time to pack up the bags, so the team should show something tonight.  Let's not go out with a whimper.

1 comment:

  1. Carter labored throughout, but gave it a good effort.

    They are awful - I guess the 2 early goals took the life out of them, because they showed ZERO heart/fire in this game. It was so embarrassing to watch that I flipped over to watch the rain delay coverage of the Sox-Angels.

    ReplyDelete