Thursday, November 10, 2011

Winter Classic Jerseys

Thus far, every participant in the Winter Classic has worn a special jersey just for the occassion.  This year, the Flyers have yet to announce the new look, and I don't know what the timeline is.  Several mockups have hit the internet.

The earliest I can recall hearing news on the jersey was last May, when Tim Panaccio tweeted; "saw Winter Classic jerseys. awful. looks like Cincy Bengals. since when is this the NFL?"

Later in the summer, these jerseys started popping up on the internet.



I have been to several Flyers games this year, and I am stunned at how many fans already have this jersey.  Still, word on the street is that this is not the jersey.  Not even close.

Shortly after the season started, this image made the rounds on the internet.


I liked that one much better myself, and I have just recently begun seeing it for sale on the internet.

Just this week, a slightly different take was floated.


I think this was as much conceptual as someone actually claiming to have the real design.  It wouldn't be too bad in my opinion though.

Now just today, new images have surfaced.


I couldn't say if this is real or not, but if it's a knockoff, it's a pretty well made knockoff.  It's also similar to the mockup from October, with more white worked in.

I like it.  Either way, it shouldn't be long before the real jersey is revealed.  The game is less than 2 months away, and they've got to maximize those sales!

No comments:

Post a Comment